Carbon Fiber Strengthening and Salt Resistant Coating
Problem vs Solution
- Long-term exposure to salts caused significant corrosion and spalling of concrete
- Salt Processing Facility could not shut down and required careful planning to allow for the StrongHold™ Repair System to be installed
- StrongHold™ was designed with supporting structural calculations to restore the strength lost due to corrosion and provide long-term protection of the beams and walls
- StrongHold™ was installed under carefully planned & executed environmental conditions to prevent contamination of surface preparation
- Service life was extended by 20 years and the Salt Facility remained operational during the entire installation
See the before and after photos below.