Bridge Repair & Strengthening with Carbon Fiber
Problem vs Solution
- Significant spalling and damage to bridge was discovered underneath slabs due to camp fires underneath the bridge
- The bridge was at risk of being shutdown which would have caused major disruptions to rail logistics
- HJ3’s forensic engineering team assessed the damage and developed a comprehensive plan to restore strength and stabilize the structure during installation
- StrongHold™ was designed to strengthen and rehabilitate the structural capacity to the slabs
- Service life was extended by 20 years
See the before and after photos below.