Underwater Restoration and Strengthening with Carbon Fiber
Problem vs Solution
- The railroad planned to support a client shipping frequent and excessively heavy contents over the next several years
- The bridge piles were deemed structurally insufficient to handle the future loads and required strengthening
- StrongHold™ SubSea was designed to provide structural strengthening with an underwater cure
- The certified installer employed full-time divers that were trained and certified to perform surface prep and installation underwater
- The bridge piers were structurally restored and provided a 20 year life extension on the bridge
See the before and after photos below.