Industrial Carbon Fiber Strengthening with Bleach Resistant Coating
Problem vs Solution
- Long-term exposure to hot bleach vapors caused significant corrosion and spalling of concrete
- Paper mill could only shut down for a 2 week period
- StrongHold™ was designed with supporting structural calculations to restore the strength lost due to corrosion and provide long-term protection of the beams and overhead slabs
- Multiple crews worked double shifts to simultaneously execute surface prep and StrongHold™ installation
- Service life was extended by 20 years
See the before and after photos below.