Carbon Fiber Patches & Strengthening of Stainless Steel Refining Tank
Problem vs Solution
- Finite Element Analysis (FEA) revealed the stainless steel tank was structurally deficient in multiple locations
- TankWrap™ structural calculations were performed to fully restore the structural deficiencies
- TankWrap™ was utilized in lieu of welded stainless steel angles due to ease of installation in restricted access areas
- The exterior of the tank was 200F and operated continuously during the installation
- Service life was extended 10 years in the localized areas repaired with TankWrap™
See the before and after photos below.