Carbon Fiber Repair and Strengthening of 2.5 MG Process Water Tank
Problem vs Solution
- The 120-ft diameter tank served as process water for mine as well as NSF-61 Drinking Water Tank for town 15 miles south of facility
- A repair attempt with externally welded plates was unsuccessful and continued to leak
- An ultrasonic (UT) test was performed on the shell and multiple structural deficiencies were discovered
- TankWrap™ was designed to externally reinforce the shell and seal off leaks in conjunction with an internal liner
- Service life was extended 20 years
See the before and after photos below.