Commercial Carbon Fiber Strengthening
Problem vs Solution
- ASCE 31 evaluation determined building carried a risk level V
- Risk Level V was addressed by seismically strengthening concrete beams and the exterior of the building
- StrongHold™ was designed in accordance with ASCE 41 and ACI 440.2R to provide the seismic strengthening required
- StrongHold™ was installed during night shifts to allow building to stay open during business hours
- StrongHold™ Carbon Fiber and Dowels were utilized by HJ3 engineers
See the before and after photos below.