Carbon Fiber Reinforced Liner with Acid Resistant Coating
Problem vs Solution
- 98% sulfuric acid @ 140F had severely corroded concrete and destroyed traditional coatings
- Impact loads from production caused cracking and premature failure of original coatings
- ChemSeal™ Protective Liner was designed in conjunction with CarbonSeal™ to fully restore integrity and provide a durable liner for harsh chemicals at elevated temperatures
- The repair and protection systems were installed during a tight outage and required a 24/7 schedule to ensure on-time completion
- Service life was extended 15 years
See the before and after photos below.